Before Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) gained wider currency in Poland, we had already brought its guiding principles into our daily business. Although MPS International started following them upon its foundation in Poland in the 1990s, the program wasn’t officially formalized until 2013.
In our efforts to create and strengthen our external and internal relations, we follow a Code of Ethics.
With regard to our external stakeholders, this Code of Ethics includes:
- a fair competition act to stress the importance of free and fair competition based on mutual respect;
- a corruption prevention act to express our strong condemnation for bribery, corruption, embezzlement, fraud, unfair and unethical business practices, corrupt behavior and workplace abuse;
- principles for establishing relations with external entities to build relations based on mutual respect and trust;
- principles of good customer service to ensure compliance with internal procedures and to provide our customers with informed, reliable, and responsible guidance on the terms of collaboration at every stage;
- principles for supplier partnerships to observe all necessary norms and procedures in the selection of suppliers, to provide reliable information, to exercise due diligence when closing a deal, and to make fair assessments of our suppliers;
- principles of local community relations to promote respect for human dignity and tolerance for all local community members;
- an act of conformity to ISO 14001 to emphasize the need to curtail the negative impact of our business activity on the environment.
With regard to our internal stakeholders, this Code of Ethics includes:
- an equal employment, promotion, training, and development act which ensures the equal treatment of all job applicants, helps to build team rapport, and clarifies the employees’ rights and the role of management;
- a guarantee of the health and safety of employees as a means of enhancing their and other collaborators’ well-being, improving their working conditions through regular inspections, ensuring the strict observance of occupational health and safety regulations, raising employees’ awareness of health issues, providing personal protective equipment, and eliminating potential hazards in the workplace;
- principles of effective communication in the workplace as a way to keep all employees up-to-date with the company’s current affairs and to create a platform for eliciting opinions and suggestions and for improving the communication skills of our managerial staff;
- the obligation to appoint an ethics officer as a form of social control and a guarantee that the company adheres to its Professional Code of Ethics and its ethical standards regarding HR management, protects the anonymity and privacy of whistleblowers, and investigates the reported cases of abuse and infringement in line with internal procedures.
Our CSR strategy
- Maintenance and constant improvement of the Integrated Management System in line with ISO 9001-14001 and ISO 13485 as well as IFS HPC, GMP, SMETA, Ecocert/Cosmos, RSPO standards
- Charity work
- Internal and external communication
- Importance of shaping suppliers’ ethics
- Health promotion
- Focus on environmental protection
- Development of education, culture, and art
- Employee development
- Corporate volunteering
- Importance of shaping employees’ ethics